Sunday 15 March 2015

Evaluation Question 7: Looking back at your preliminary task, what have you learnt in the progression from it to the full project?

Looking back at my preliminary task of making my college magazine, I have learnt a variation of techniques to make my final product stand out. moreover, my knowledge on designing and editing has increased, which can be seen between my college magazine designs and my final product.
For the designing process, I learnt how to apply the typography of my magazine to the genre of my magazine, which would allow my product to stand out etc.




 Above, are two different products that, which I designed, on the left is my college magazine from my preliminary task and on the right is my Final product, my music magazine. Between these two, you can clearly see the areas that I have improved in and the different changes which I have made.
for my college magazine, my sell lines are simple just like my music magazine, however they are less noticeable to the audiences eye and doesn't really give much off and does not really relate to each other as well, also the design motif I aimed for didn't really work compared to my front cover of my music magazine design, my college magazine masthead doesn't really stand out compared to my san serif, Bebas Neue font, which has a presence to it making it noticeable to a consumer. To make my masthead stand out I used different typography on my page and put different sell lines and important facts in different font sizes, however I used the same font on my college magazine and did not increase font size to make my most important sell line identifiable for my consumer.
On the other hand, I did have some knowledge on what to include props wise, to allow my audience and what type of picture I was supposed to use, which was a mid-shot as they are commonly used for magazine front cover's.

No comments:

Post a Comment